My imagination was mainly built on the backs of a talking sponge, a bald kid with an arrow on his head, and two twins who lived in a hotel. Like most children, I grew up on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel. It was exciting to come home from school and watch my favorite shows and cartoons. But with such a young innocent mind, I never exactly caught certain things.
When I was in middle school, my cousin had introduced me to conspiracy theories. These theories that weren't widely accepted by the public and could be very dark. Theories that exposed a darker side to humanity. This lead me down a dark hole of very scary and eye opening revelations. A particular category of conspiracies caught my attention. Children's television show conspiracies were one of the more interesting categories. They revolved around shows I had grown up around and things I could relate to. Those theories lead me to messed up interpretations of shows and some very "adult" innuendo.
So basically, these theories and innuendo mostly deconstructed my childhood and left me with bad thoughts in my head. So I hope to do the same and introduce to you some of these!
A great example is Spongebob Sqaurepants, a great show full of innuendos. But to be fair, the show was originally pitched as a cartoon similar to what Family Guy is. Think about some of the obvious innuendos like "Bikini Bottom" or "Sandy Cheeks."
Buzz getting a "physical" reaction
Sorry if this puts a dark spin on your childhood! But I do recommend looking into more of these hidden messages in cartoons and theories! I could've went a lot darker, but to avoid getting in trouble I had to omit them. Things like hidden body "parts" in character drawings. Or how some shows really carry a different message like Ed, Edd, n'Eddy takes place in Purgatory, or Spongebob Squarepants resembles the 7 Deadly Sins, and a personal favorite of mind, that all the babies in Rugrats are all dead.
When I was in middle school, my cousin had introduced me to conspiracy theories. These theories that weren't widely accepted by the public and could be very dark. Theories that exposed a darker side to humanity. This lead me down a dark hole of very scary and eye opening revelations. A particular category of conspiracies caught my attention. Children's television show conspiracies were one of the more interesting categories. They revolved around shows I had grown up around and things I could relate to. Those theories lead me to messed up interpretations of shows and some very "adult" innuendo.
So basically, these theories and innuendo mostly deconstructed my childhood and left me with bad thoughts in my head. So I hope to do the same and introduce to you some of these!
A great example is Spongebob Sqaurepants, a great show full of innuendos. But to be fair, the show was originally pitched as a cartoon similar to what Family Guy is. Think about some of the obvious innuendos like "Bikini Bottom" or "Sandy Cheeks."
It's terrible right? It's very odd that things like this are added into a children's show. I have some reasons and speculations why, but maybe for another day. Even the beloved Disney can be bad sometimes! Enjoy these extra examples!
Buzz getting a "physical" reaction
![]() |
| Lightning McQueen being "flashed" |
![]() |
| A fishing rod with a hook, then attached to a sexy pair of legs with heels. Think about it... it's a hooker! |


Oh my goodness my childhood was a lie! Very interesting Silas, I am definelty going to look into these!
ReplyDeleteWAIT ALL THE BABIES IN RUGRATS ARE DEAD? rip my childhood
ReplyDelete